Friday, October 29, 2010

NINETEEN : Musings

Wonder what your hands feel like,
If I were to just hold them and run my fingers on them.
Wonder how your hair would fall,
If I were undress them in the bold sunlight.
Wonder if the brown of your skin,
holds the smell of wet earth.
Wonder if I were capture your words,
And bottle them in a little transparent jar,
would they shine like the fireflies of Konni?
Wonder if the rivulets of water that slide off your back,
acquire the salted air of the seas.
Wonder if your confused breath,
breathes life into a million questions in your mind.
Wonder if somewhere along now and eternity,
would get you up and walk off into the midday haze
Wonder if the edges of your lips would curl into a smile,
or do they jump into a laughter.

Wonder if you realize all of this and think yourself to be divine.
Wonder if I realise I am immortal in your presence.

Wonder if you would be human when real.
Wonder if I would be myself.

Wonder if you are still alive in that air.
Wonder if I am breathing.

Wonder if death is like this.
Wonder if being reborn could be explained.

Wonder if Gautama was in love.

Wonder if Krishna was loved.

Wonder if…
Why not?

All questions need not have an answer!
2/3/2003


No comments:

Post a Comment