Monday, November 1, 2010

TWENTY ONE : Emerald Isle

Amber sunsets coloring waters
And another canoe reaching its shore.
Silence can be felt in the echoes
From the houses around,
Full of life, humming about.

And this home to the history of past
Of generations that saw births,
Celebrations, continuity and death.

How many children swung around the wood pillars,
And how many fathers stood proud.
The millions of seeds of rustic rice
And the flaming specks of kitchen fires.

While I chase my moons across the skies
And chart courses along some stars
Stumble and rise and life my life
I will know that here exists a small
Nook by my heart.

When todays of my days will be the histories of tomorrow.
And ever on until yet another
Son will step in here and marvel!
At the stopping of time along the river!

(written at the Emerald Isle, a little island on the river Manimala in Kuttanad, Kerala)

No comments:

Post a Comment